browser icon
You are using an insecure version of your web browser. Please update your browser!
Using an outdated browser makes your computer unsafe. For a safer, faster, more enjoyable user experience, please update your browser today or try a newer browser.

Plans to demolish Kinsmen Play Village temporarily on hold

Posted by on 24/09/2019

One resident’s determination to stop the City of Saskatoon from demolishing the Kinsmen Play Village is holding strong.

ChangSha Night Net

Related

  • Petition created to save Kinsmen Park Playground from deconstruction

    Kinsmen Play Village in Saskatoon will soon be history

    Mother and University of Saskatchewan associate law professor Robin Hansen created a petition on July 5 to reopen the Kinsmen Play Village.

    “I started this with no expectations, but I have been really amazed by the love people have for this park,” Hansen said.

    READ MORE: Petition created to save Kinsmen Park Playground from deconstruction

    She met with Ward 1 Coun. Darren Hill at the playground earlier this week to present her case and the petition.

    “I think no matter what, this petition merits a detailed and direct response from city council because clearly this is an issue people care about,” Hansen explained.

    After the meeting, city administration decided to postpone the demolition for two weeks.

    It was originally scheduled to be taken down this week and 90 per cent of the equipment relocated to a Caswell Hill park.

    WATCH: Kinsmen Play Village in Saskatoon will soon be history

    The pause gives playground supporters enough time to present their case to city hall on July 18.

    “I need to show them that there is a better way, that we don’t just have to go along with the current plan., that we can actually come up with a much better plan,” Hansen said.

    The online petition has gained almost 1,000 signatures in nine days.

Comments are closed.